Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wild Zero – Brief impressions of What May Be the Best Movie Ever!


So my pal Mikey and I went downtown on Fat Tuesday to observe what we hoped would be copious amounts of mammary delights. While said glands were in abundance, what I walked away from that night with was not a greater sense of accomplishment in the ancient art of Boob-Spotting, but instead an obsession with a movie that I only saw 3 minutes of while at a bar.

Hooray!

You see, while traipsing from one bar to the next we found ourselves in a seedy little place called The Jackalope. It is a nice place if you’re into the whole rockabilly, topless pin-up girl painting thing… so needless to say, I dug it. Throughout the bar itself are a myriad of televisions playing random movies and broadcasts. Within our view at the time, on one screen the Dallas Stars were tied with Vancouver and on the other Lee was explaining to a student to, “don't think. FEEL. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”

"...all that heavenwy gwowy."

After a couple o’ Beam and Coke’s I needed to step out on the back patio to have a smoke break… what I got instead were the greatest 3 minutes of my life!

Once we got out there, there was yet another set of TVs playing the same movie. We were at a distance so I couldn’t make out too many details, but it was clear that it was a Japanese film that was subtitled. But in those 3 brief minutes of cinematic glory, this is what we saw:

  • Zombies
  • Explosions
  • Pompadours
  • Drinking
  • Hot Japanese chicks
  • Leather
  • Guitar Wolf on top of a building shouting “Rock and Roll!” while pulling a sword from the neck of his guitar so he could cut a UFO in two
  • A bunch of greasers riding into the sunset with flame coming out of the exhaust of GW’s motorcycle
  • The line, “he taught me courage and rock n’ roll.”

Three minutes. All of that. There are not words to express the degree of awesome that took place in that scant 3 minutes.

Now for those of you who do not know who Guitar Wolf is, he is the front man of the real band of the same name. I was introduced to this band’s music while in California about a year back and have been floored ever since. When watching the movie I didn’t make the connection that it was THE Guitar Wolf until I got home later that night. To give you an idea of what I’m talking about… here is a music video of theirs…




Okay… so now you have a frame of reference.

So later that night I go online and google “Courage and rock n roll” to find out what this movie was to which every page reference “Wild Zero.” Naturally my next step was Youtubing the trailer. What I got was… well… let’s just say it reaffirmed my belief that this could quite possibly be the best movie ever… see for yourself:



There are not words to describe the degree of AWESOME that this represents.

My next step was IMDB.com to get a little more info… once again I was taken aback as Guitar Wolf, Drum Wolf and Bass Wolf play themselves in the movie! So not only are they cutting UFOs in twain but they are doing it as their real world personas. Fucking Bad Ass!

Now like the title of this article dictates, this is an initial impressions piece… but hopefully soon I’ll have a proper review as soon as I get my copy of the movie from Amazon. Granted you may never see it as I may be moved to a state of fucking righteous excellence that I transcend this physical husk of mine and become a being of pure “RADICAL!”

1 comment:

thereviewer said...

I want to watch it too.

Also the zombies shot lasers from their eyes.